Ensuring the privacy of your personal data is important to us at WebLabs Technologies and we want you to know what kind of information we collect about you and how we use it.
We’ve set out all the details below.
Please take the time to read and understand this policy.
We are WebLabs Technologies, of 3 Foss Court, Summerhill Road, Bristol, BS58HF (and we are referred to as, “we”, “us” and “our” in this privacy notice). We are the data controller and responsible for your personal data collected through the weblabs.dev website (the “website”). Our VAT number is GB335365304.
Protecting your data
We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures to safeguard your information.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to protect the security of your data in accordance with the law.
Why we collect data
We collect personal data for managing our customer relationship with you. In the majority of cases, we receive the personal data from you directly, for example when you buy products from us. We use such data for various purposes such as to provide the products you have ordered. For further information please see the section headed ‘Uses made of your personal data’.
Your personal information
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Anonymised data, where an individual can no longer be identified is not included in this definition.
We will not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 13. You are not permitted to use or submit your data to the website if you are under the age of 13.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
- Identity Data includes information such as: [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes information such as: [address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data includes information such as: [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes information such as: [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
- Technical Data includes information such as: [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile Data includes information such as: [your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, survey responses and feedback].
- Usage Data includes information such as: [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as: [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may include your personal data but is not considered personal data as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may collate the country location of users so we can see how many users are visiting our website from a particular country. If we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data such that it can identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data and it will be handled in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect your data
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Give us some feedback;
- Purchase goods on our website;
- Pay for goods on our website;
- Complete a research survey;
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem; or
- Fill in an estimate form.
- Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website(s), we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as
How we use your data
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We will only collect personal data from you:
- When you consent to us doing so;
- Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we are legally obliged to do so.
How we use your personal data
We use personal data for a number of different purposes. The table below sets these out together with our legal basis for processing the data. Note that there may be more than one lawful basis which underlies our use of your personal data.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To log you as a user or customer||Identity Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including: Manage payments, fees and charges Collect and recover money owed to us||Identity Contact Financial Transaction Marketing and Communications||Performance of a contract with you Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover any monies due to us)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, complete a survey or feedback form||Identity Contact Profile Usage Marketing and Communications||Performance of a contract with you Necessary for our legitimate interests (to understand how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||Identity Contact Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for operating our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and gauge or understand the relevance of the advertising we serve to you||Identity Contact Profile Usage Marketing and Communications Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to develop our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and/or recommendations to you in relation to goods or services that may be of interest to you||Identity Contact Technical Usage Profile Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To carry out analysis to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||Technical Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we reasonably consider that we need to use it for a different reason then we will do so only if that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
We will contact you if we want to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Where required or permitted by law, we may process personal data in compliance with the above rules without your consent.
If you have any questions about how we use any of your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your information for
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you. For further information please contact us on email@example.com.
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
We will provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses around marketing and advertising.
Our promotional offers
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which product and offers may be relevant to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested such information from us. We may also send you marketing or information about our goods or services if you have purchased similar goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Opting out of marketing
If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us (or any third party, if applicable) you can opt out at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by using an opt-out link on any message we send you.
Cookies are a small text file that is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you access our website. They help us to provide you with the best user experience when browsing our website. They also help us and our advertising networks to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
For more information on cookies please see our cookies policy.
Third party links
Our website may include links to and from the websites. These websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. You should check the privacy policies of any website you visit before you submit any personal data to such websites.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties and for the purposes set out below:
|Third Party||Purpose for sharing your personal data|
|Third party payment processing services (such as Stripe) to process your payment to us. We do not store your payment information. Your payment details are provided to the payment processing service you have selected, who are compliant with necessary regulations;||To process your payments to us|
|Third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;||To fulfil our contract with you.|
|We may share personal data with organizations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.||To protect our customers and website from fraud and theft.|
|analytics and search engine||To assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website.|
Please note we may also share your personal data:
- to any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If ownership of our business changes, then the new owners may use your personal data in in accordance with this privacy notice.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request us to correct any incorrect data
- request access to your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- request restriction of processing of your personal data
- request your personal data to be transferred
- object to processing of your personal data
- request human intervention for automated decision making
A summary of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
Requesting correction of your personal data
You can have your personal data corrected if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
Requesting access to your personal data
You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and details of how we have processed it.
Requesting erasure of your personal data
You can request that we erase your personal data, where we have no valid reason for us continuing to process it. We may not be able to comply with your request for legal reasons which will be notified to you after you have made your request.
Requesting restriction of processing of your personal data
You can request us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios but we do not have to comply with your request if we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Requesting the transfer of your personal data
You have the right to obtain an electronic copy of your personal data or request the transfer of your personal data to another company. This right only applies to automated data which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the data to perform a contract with you.
Objecting to processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it. You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In certain circumstances, we may we may have compelling legitimate grounds to process your data which override your rights and freedoms.
Requesting human intervention for automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to request human intervention where we are carrying out automated decision making when processing your personal data.
We aim to respond to all genuine requests within one month but sometimes it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any rights set out above.
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data please email us in the first instance on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the ICO (the data protection regulator in the UK). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you contact the ICO.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website or let you know by email.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your data. Please email any queries to email@example.com.
This privacy notice was last updated on 15/02/2021.